Imaginative approach to zoning spaces
Given the presence of three separate brands, the zoning of the space was crucial to get right. The long and narrow existing office was broken up to allow for a more spacious and interesting design.
Each company was assigned its own separate open plan office space. The use of shared space ensured the overall cohesiveness of the environment including:
- A shared canteen to promote staff interaction and to provide a strong focal point for the office
- A centralised reception area to facilitate all three companies
- Shared meeting and conference facilities
- Commercial & domestic catering facility
- Formal and informal meeting spaces.
Protecting vital emergency systems
With life safe emergency systems linked to Connolly Station underneath, this presented a challenge in terms of alterations. It was critical that systems remained live and without interruption during train time hours each day. This was achieved through continuous planning with both building management and Iarnrod Eireann.