Angel House is a former art-deco tobacco warehouse strategically situated on Goswell Road, London. The brief for this extensive remodelling of the structure was to maximise the useable office space by bringing in natural light where possible. Workspace Plc. wanted to achieve a modern look and feel throughout the large offices, studios, reception and common areas.
Angel House, London
20,000 sq. ft.
Minimising the impact on neighbours and tenants during remodelling works
This project required careful planning and management as works were carried out in an occupied building with private residences adjacent.
- Restricted site access to safeguard members of the public
- Facilitated residents and tenants throughout the project
- Assigned a liaison person to provide information and manage residents and tenants queries
Planning and phasing key to creating safe working spaces for multiple trades
A key focus throughout was Health & Safety with the multi-floor fitout requiring phasing to ensure safe working areas and multiple trades on site.
The extensive CAT A works included:
- Strip out and refurbishment of all existing finishes and fittings
- Sandblasting of the ceilings and walls across the entire project
- Asbestos removal
- Large sections of 1.2 m slab were removed to accommodate new stairwells
- Large skylights installed over stairwell
- Slab demolition and chasing to install new drainage pipes, manholes and drains
- Full mechanical, electrical fitout and Daikin HVAC installation
- Construction of new restrooms and showers along with the associated tiling and sanitary ware throughout
A new lease of commercial life for a unique warehouse space
The result is an attractive building providing approximately 20,000 sq. ft. of high quality, warehouse style office accommodation arranged over lower ground, ground and four upper floors. It boasts sandblasted brick and concrete walls and ceilings throughout, bespoke metal staircases and new floor to ceiling glazed panels. The exposed original brick, AC and ductwork, result in modern offices with an industrial vibe.